FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF CLIMATE CHANGE FINANCING UNIT
- To serve as the nodal point on all climate change financing matters in the Finance Ministry.
- To represent Ministry of Finance in all climate change and related issues in all international and domestic fora.
- To prepare briefs and position papers for Government of India's position on climate financing
- To provide guidance and inputs to MoEF to feed into climate change negotiations as well as to develop capacity to analyze emerging issues
- Assess the submissions on 'climate change financing' from various national Governments who are Parties to the UN framework Convention on Climate Change
- Analyze the financial pledges of developed countries
- Provide inputs to the designing, operationalization and working of Green Climate Fund as per the Cancun agreement
- Intergovernmental Expert Committee on Sustainable Development Financing (ICESDF), set up under the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development - or Rio+20